Arborbrook Distance Learning
Distance Learning Plan
On Thursday, March 12, 2020, we announced to our families that school would be closed for at least two weeks. We did not want our students to miss out on learning opportunities during this time. It is our desire to challenge our students to fulfill our mission, even while they are at home:
Arborbrook Christian Academy partners with parents to equip, empower, and encourage students to cultivate godly character, pursue life-long learning, and love the Lord Jesus Christ.
Our age-appropriate distance learning opportunities for Kindergarten – 12th grade students include the following important features:
- Reasonable learning activities that add value to our students’ lives
- Interactive, live sessions between student and teacher
- Encouragement from teachers during what may be a difficult time
- Clear instruction of concepts
- Meaningful assignments that encourage effort and creativity
- Fostering a love of learning while at home
- Specific meeting sessions between teacher and student to answer questions or get help
- Online group gatherings fostering community relationships
- Direct feedback to students in a timely manner, helping to keep students motivated
It is our desire to maintain our Charlotte Mason philosophy through the study of literature, nature, and humanities while embracing cutting-edge technological resources to continue to meet the individual needs of each student.
To see our distance learning plan in detail, please click here.
The Charlotte Mason Foundation of Nature
The Charlotte Mason foundation of nature studies continues at Arborbrook even though our studies are being held at home. Enjoy this interactive nature studies lesson and experience what our students are studying currently!